LET'S MAKE TOURISM MORE REWARDING !
Through its tours, Boogie Pilgrim supports and works closely with initiatives and development projects, among which :
CALA : it is an aid organisation for former lepers in the north-eastern town of Antalaha. working for food self-sufficiency, social and economic development of the former lepers villages in Antalaha ( http://cala-france.asso-web.com. )
- CETAMADA : It's an Association protecting marine mammals around Madagascar, which aims to protect marine mammals and their habitats through study and awareness ( http://cetamada.com )
- FANAMBY: It's a Malagasy non-profit organization, which aims to conserve terrestrial & marine ecosystems, in partnership with the private sector, and the women & men living in and around unique natural habitats. FANAMBY has helped set up a variety of Protected Areas that holistically combine community productive needs with conservation goals. ( www.fanamby.org.mg )
- The Program to Save the Old City of Fianarantsoa,
Fianarantsoa’s Old City is a unique heritage site in Madagascar and the world. The aging charm of the site belies the significant threats to its future. So, the program to save the Old city of Fianarantsoa is a community based association that with meager resources and much energy is working to save the threatened site. They work alongside the local community to implement activities that will have the greatest impact on saving the cultural heritage and improving the lives of the residents. ( http://www.madagascarvieilleville.info )
- ONG Belavenir : It's a Malagasy association working in the South of Madaascar and fighting for true sustainable development through education, integration and community development. ONG Belavenir has set up a program of education to improve the educational level of the Malagasy population through educational, recreational, cultural and create employment in this region of the South where there are very few ( www.aguadecoco.org ).
- SOLTEC : This is a vocational training center founded by a Germano-Malagasy association that aims to fight against unemployment and to protect the environment. SOLTEC gives free training for youg people from needy families or orphans (cooking, sewing and embroidery, auto mechanics, mechanical manufacturing), and works to protect the environment and forest by the manufacture and popularization of solar cookers.
- SULAMA ( Sustainable Land Management ) : It is a research project, in partnership with German universities, to support sustainable land management of the plateau Mahafaly in southwest Madagascar. This project combines several fields such as ecology, socio-economics, management of natural resources and ecosystem services in order to develop systems of sustainable land management and development of alternatives on the Mahafaly plateau.
- AKAMASOA/Father Pedro : It is a humanitarian Malagasy association created by Father Pedro Opeka in 1989. It aims to ensure the human rehabilitation and social and economic reintegration of the poor .. Akamasoa created in the vicinity of Antananarivo 5 centers consisting of 17 villages where have been settled 2,926 families (15,560 people, among which more than 60% of children under 15 years). Families extracted from the worst slums, streets and piles of garbage of the capital, now living with the fruits of their work and their efforts.( www.pere-pedro.net/akamasoa.html )
- ASITY : It's a Malagasy League for the Protection of Birds. whose mission is the implementation of programs for a better knowledge of Malagasy biodiversity, its preservation in its natural ecosystem and its scientific, social, economic, cultural and ecological development within the Malagasy and international society ( www.asitymadagascar.org )
Please feel free to contact us for more detailled information !