This tour is specifically designed for travelers who pay close attention to culture and civilization of the country.
Among the highlights of this tour :
– The village of Lazaina, representing the Merina villages with its old houses of majestic architecture.
– The Royal Hill of Ambohimanga, the birthplace of the Merina kingdom, the most significant symbol of the cultural identity of the Malagasy people. It offers among others, several sights that evoke civilizations of the Merina in the nineteenth century (architecture, fortifications, ...).
– The Zafimaniry country, known for its beautiful villages hanging up to the mountainsides and its people, its art of woodworking. This exceptional ability was recognized internationally by UNESCO in 2003.
– The Old City of Fianarantsoa, a heritage site unique in Madagascar and the world, with its 500 houses, churches, and market buildings dating to the 19th century.
– The Betsileo country, rich of high traditions and symbols of living. Every great period in the life of a person is marked with traditional ceremonies that cement the social life of Betsileo society.